Our Health Creation Vitamin D3 supplement is plant-based coming from lichen. Many supplements use animal sources of vitamin D3 and so this is ideal for vegans and vegetarians. It is:
- A vegan, wholefood plant based form vitamin D3-rich lichen extract providing 62.5µg (2,500iu) per tablet
- Vitamin D is frequently referred to as the Sunshine Vitamin as sunlight is necessary for us to synthesis of this vitamin in our skin
- Those at particular risk for vitamin D deficiency are those who rarely get outdoors lacking exposure to sunshine, who constantly wear sunscreen creams and moisturisers, and people with dark skin.
- If taking other supplements containing vitamin D please check your total daily intake is no more that 125µg (5000iu) or more per day. Ideally get your GP to check your blood level and aim to get above 100 nmol/l.
Vitamin D contributes to normal:
- adrenal function as it is a substrate for our natural steroids and sex hormones
- bone and teeth strength through absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus and regulation of blood calcium levels
- maintenance of normal muscle function
- function of the immune system
- vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division
Vitamin D is very important for growing children, menopausal women and the elderly.